THE PANGASINAN STATE UNIVERSITY LIBRARY
The mission of Pangasinan State University Library is to provide information resources and services to faculty, students, researchers and administrative staff in support of the University instructional and scholarly inquiry that will promote liberal learning, education for services, training for careers and development of lifelong learning skills.
- To develop and manage the collections that are relevant to the University’s curricular programs and responsive to the needs of students, faculty, researchers and administrative staff.
- To organize and preserve information resources that support the research, instruction, and curriculum of the University.
- To support and promote the use of information resources by providing references and information services that meet the information needs of the library users.
- To provide access to information stored in books and periodicals including databases worldwide distributed in print and electronically.
- To increase the level of funding available in the library by participating in fundraising and grant seeking activities.
- To be more responsive to the academic needs and research demands of the students and faculty of the University.
- To provide a strong support in the instructional programs of the University.
- To provide and organize print and non-print collections used in the instructional and research programs of the University.
- To provide physical facilities and equipment that will make possible the most effective use of the library.
Library Rules and Regulations
- Books in the General Circulation and Filipiniana Section may be borrowed:
- For Students: one (1) week only
- For PSU Employees: two (2) weeks only
- Library users are allowed to borrow a maximum of two (2) books upon request.
- Reserved books, general references, theses, dissertations, narrative reports are for library-use only.
- Failure to return borrowed books on the due date will be charged:
- Students: Php10 per day/book
- PSU Employees : Php20 per day/book
- Lost and damaged books must be replaced or paid together with their accrued fines.
- Requests from other PSU campuses must be coursed through their respective offices or Librarian. Borrowing privileges from non-PSU library users are temporarily suspended until further notice.
- A. Onsite
- Consult the Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC)
- Locate the required book(s) in the shelves
- Note: be sure to sanitize hands before entering the book stocks
- Present university ID and the book(s) to be borrowed at the circulation counter
- Fill out the bookcard(s)
- Take note of the due date
- Sanitize hands
- B. Online
- Browse the OPAC to check the availability of the book(s) that you would like to borrow.
- Send your requests through the Official Library Facebook Page or Reference Questions Form of your Campus Library. Make sure to indicate the following details when sending your request:
- Borrower’s Name:
- Contact Number:
- Scanned Copy of your ID/ certificate of registration
- Title of the Book/s:
- Library staff will process your request within 1-2 days and will notify you once the book is ready for pick-up.
- To return borrowed books, notify the Official Facebook Page or Reference Questions Form of your Campus Library. Kindly provide the following :
- Title of the Book/s:
- Photo of the book/s to be returned:
- Drop the books at the designated drop-off points. Make sure to properly pack the borrowed books when returning.
ASK A LIBRARIAN
PSUnians may seek the assistance of campus librarians regarding the following:
- Recommendations for subject-specific print and online information resources.
- Information regarding library policies and services
- Tutorials regarding the effective use of PSU subscription e-resources and selected Open Educational Resources (OER)
Please send your inquiries via the Official Facebook Page or Reference Questions Form of your Campus Library.